Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Thoughts from WFX - Day One

This week I'm at WFX in Atlanta and I say this every time I go to one of these conferences.

I am truly BLESSED to be on staff at The Crossing.

There are SO many unhealthy churches out there with people who are hurting...really hurting...yet working to spread the gospel in an environment where it isn't being lived out.

It's TRAGIC...and it's not helping the Kingdom. It's not how He intended it.

I keep hearing folks say that when they come to these conferences, they find solace in the fact that other folks have the same challenges and the same issues that they have at their church.

Really?

I'm not talking about technical issues with gear. I'm talking about culture issues. Unhealthy culture issues. I find it disturbing that these folks are working in such unhealthy environments and yet accept it as normal when they find out others are too.

There's a lot of healing that needs to happen in local churches before the work of the Big "C" church can truly be done. My friend Anthony Coppedge says there should be an altar call at one of these events so that these folks can be prayed over. That might be a start, but I don't know if it's enough.

Is the culture in your church what you would consider "healthy?" What can we, as leaders, do to help spread the culture of our local "healthy" churches to other local "unhealthy" churches?

No comments:

Post a Comment